The thing I love about mornings is that no matter what they entail, you truly never know how the rest of the day will unfold or where the day’s activities will take you.
You can wake up totally cranky and contemplative, write a snarky blog post, have awful traffic, pay WAY too much for parking because its too cold to walk from the free parking locations, and begin to totally write the whole day off as awful only to find yourself watching hey arnold while participating in an impromptu drinking session.
Not to mention seeing a shitty movie with your pals (Due date..don’t see it hah) and molesting a cardboard cut out of a baby pop singer.
The best way to begin a morning though is never topped by kitty snuggling! Even if they are not yours haha
I celebrated this week’s Tuesday in style, ‘in style’ meaning, of course, that I did not leave my mom’s house once I arrived from my dad’s.
‘I did not leave’ meaning, of course, that I did leave the house to run a vitally important errand.
The aforementioned ‘vitally important errand’ was, of course, going to Sunflower and going a bit overboard. I may have bought too much, but at least it was cheap!
i got ALLLL of this
for only that! let me just say that i love how cheap produce is.
Anyways, after finishing my article early I was left with a noon-thirty hungry belly, no further obligations, and a fridge full of produce so I did the only thing that one can do in this situation.
This ‘only thing’ was, of course, to make–>>>
LAZY DAY SOUP
A recipe in pictures, adapted from the front burner’s recipe.
Roast and Saute
Throw it all together
Top it off and let it steam
Experiment with the scraps
for future reference, kale chips with cayenne pepper are REALLY good. Go light on the pepper though–they get super spicy!
(the weather, the soup, the view, reading outside, anything you choose to enjoy. I enjoyed that it was a lazy tuesday!)
People always ask me why my favorite day is Tuesday, and honestly I cannot pinpoint an exact reason. It’s like asking why Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, or why I sneeze fourteen times in a row, or why I am in love with Anderson Cooper.
It’s probably best if you just accept the answer as it is, and don’t questions it too much. Questions create problems. Instead, allow me to distract you from this introductory ramble with…
News round up!
news from my life, and otherwise.
- I am now a World Market member–get the coups and everything. This is a dangerous development in my biography, but as necessary as a Border’s one I’d say.
- Sarah Palin is now allowed control over the English language. WHAT THE WHAT?! not cool.
- The Olsen twins have a younger sister..who looks more like them than they do!
- On the Olsen twin note, I have a sudden unexplainable desire to own a multi colored, long sleeved, sparkly dress
A desire that I will likely ignore, because honestly I don’t want to look in my closet and see more than one dress adorned with sequins..my eyes couldn’t take it!
- Harry Potter comes out this week! As if you didn’t already know..
- I am still drinking smoothies despite it finally deciding to act like Autumn around here.
- and microwaves still rock. dont believe me? click microwaves doubters!
- Tuesday is still my FAVORITE day so have a good one :)
Posted in biographical, food, fun, health, life, opinion
Tagged fashion, microwaves, olsens, photography, thoughts, tuesday